Collaboration across language barriers and in different cultural areas becomes more and more important in times of increasing globalization and migration. As a result of Europe growing together, no longer existing limitations and increasing mobility, there are more and more opportunities to meet and cooperate with people from other cultural and linguistic areas. Professional and private , temporary and longer-term migratory movements mark our time. Faraway is suddenly not just close, but there.
Under these circumstances, we deal more and more with different approaches and structures of unknown origin, which results in fuzzy or incorrect interpretations. Last but not least, the enlargement of the European Union towards the East and South-East presents us with many challenges and opportunities.
Our seminars aim to increase sensitivity in the perception both of ourselves and others, allow a change of perspective and identify solutions for a productive development.
Successful cooperation is based on mutual trust that presupposes understanding for and knowledge of the vis-à-vis. Intercultural competence in communication and cooperation is a central foundation – for teaching staff, German and international working groups, as well as for members of the public administration and the diverse economic contexts.
Our offer in the field of intercultural competence includes:
- Basic knowledge of intercultural competence
- Interculture and justice
- Interculture and police
- Interculture and medicine
- Interculture and profession
- Eastern Europe 1 – Russia
- Eastern Europe 2 – migrants from the Russian-speaking region
- EU – Poland
- EU – Czech Republic
- EU – Austria
- EU – Latvia/Estonia/Lithuania
Our offer in the area of intercultural communication contains the following modules:
- The successful customer dialog
- The phone as a PR and image instrument
- Phone support “across borders”
- Target group-oriented conversation concepts
- Effective design of presentations and discussion contributions